We Are (All) Still In: Stepping Up Climate Action Across the Atlantic
Where: Facebook Offices - 770 Broadway at Astor place - Manhattan, New York City
When: September 25th
- 6:00pm: Event opens
- 6:55pm-7:45pm: Panel discussion
- 7:45pm-9pm: Reception
Who: On both sides of the Atlantic, the pace of climate action and the level of climate ambition is accelerating. The reception will be co-hosted by two growing coalitions of subnational leaders: We Are Still In – the largest coalition of leaders outside the US federal government established in pursuit of climate action to support the Paris Agreement – and Step Up Now – a platform advocating to scale up the response to climate change in Europe over the next decade.
What: Hear how leaders from cities, states, businesses, investors, colleges and other institutions are working together to deliver on the commitments of the Paris Agreement in a lively panel discussion moderated by The Guardian. Panelists will reflect on the importance and power of subnational coalitions of actors in the US and in Europe to help push the world towards limiting and stabilizing warming at 1.5˚C to align with the findings from science. The discussion will shine a spotlight on the importance of city, state and non-state actors setting ambitious targets and working together – several panelists will have new announcements to make. The event will also underline the latest science on the devastation that climate change is causing to our world captured in the IPCC Oceans/Cryo Report, which will be released earlier that day.
RSVP: Please register to attend by September 22nd to gain access to the event.
This event will be catered.
6:45 - Welcome and introduction
- Anne Kelly, Vice President, Government Relations, Ceres
- Edward Palmieri, Director of Sustainability, Facebook
- Rachel White, EVP, Philanthropic and Strategic Partnerships, Guardian News & Media
6:55 - 7:45 - Panel discussion
Moderated by Jane Spencer, Deputy Editor of Strategy for The Guardian US
- Bill Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh (invited) - We Are Still In
- Stephen Badger, Chair of the Mars Inc Board of Directors - We Are Still In
- Rachelle Wenger, Director, Public Policy & Community Advocacy CommonSpirit Health - We Are Still In
- Erin Meezan, VP & Chief Sustainability Officer Interface - Step Up Now
- Peter Damgaard Jensen, CEO Danish Pension Fund (PKA) - Step Up Now
7:45 - 7:48: Panel reflections and emphasizing ambition
- Carter Roberts, World Wildlife Fund’s (WWF US) President & CEO
8:40 - 8:42: Closing remarks
- Roberto Deambrogio, Director of Communications, Enel
The evening will be on the record.
Step Up Now is built in partnership with existing coalitions. It is facilitated by the European Climate Foundation, E3G and The Prince of Wales’s Corporate Leaders Group (CLG). The CLG is convened by the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL). CISL brings together business, government and academia to find solutions to critical sustainability challenges.
Facebook shares your commitment to the highest standards of ethical conduct and transparency. If you have any questions regarding the ethics of attending, please consult with your legal counsel or designated ethics official about your compliance obligations. If you need to know the per person cost of the reception, please contact email@example.com for more information.
LeasePlan is a leader in two growing markets: Car-as-a-Service for new cars, and the high-quality three-to-four year old used car market, through its CarNext.com business.
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future.